|Start||September 17, 2018|
|Term (2YR)||17.09.2018 – 06.2020|
|Fees||Our Course Fees|
|Deadline||Round 1 before 30.04.2018|
Our groundbreaking, project based, Creative Music Production & Sound Engineering Diploma course is built on the concept of learning by doing.
Your first year will be spent developing the tools, practical skills and creative techniques required to record, mix, produce and master a wide range of musical styles whilst starting to build your portfolio.
In your second year you will hone those ‘next level’ tools, build your specialist sound engineering and music production knowledge and focus on your own area of interest whilst exploring and refining your individual approach as a producer or sound engineer.
WHY IS THE CREATIVE MUSIC PRODUCTION & SOUND ENGINEERING DIPLOMA FOR YOU?
This course is purpose designed for people who are passionate about at least one of these activities:-
- recording, mixing and mastering your own tracks, songs, albums, composition for film and multimedia
- providing sound engineering expertise to support studio recordings for others
- providing music production expertise to support studio recordings for others
- providing creative input to someone else’s track, song, album, composition for film etc
- making your next step towards a career in the music industry
- building a broad knowledge of industry standard tools and techniques
- developing your listening skills
- establishing your own distinct and creative approach to music production
- spending 2 years living and working in the most exciting city on the planet
- immersion in Berlin’s trendsetting music scene
- working in collaboration with an international community of like minded people
- being supported by a team of experienced facilitators who know you by name, care about your creative development and truly give a damn
- moving city, country or continent in order to pursue something you love
Progressing successfully into employment in today’s music industry takes hard work, focus, commitment, grit and passion. It also requires a broad set of skills, a well developed ‘creative muscle’ and an entrepreneurial spirit.
You may not have all of those things under your belt just yet but a prerequisite for attending any course at dBs Berlin is that you must be passionate about building and developing those skills.
OUR HIGHER EDUCATION DIPLOMA COURSES
Our team of music industry professionals have designed this bespoke project based course to provide you with exactly what you need to take your practical skills and techniques to the next level and better prepare you for working in the real world and/or progressing onto a higher level qualification.
A Higher Education Diploma is an internationally accepted qualification awarded by our partner university. If you successfully complete all modules you will have completed the equivalent of two years of a degree course. If you wish to study with us further you can move immediately onto the final year of a degree programme.
You will develop a wide range of useful skills including practical room acoustics, microphone and preamp technique, recording, mixing, editing, dynamic and fx processors, music production skills, mastering and perhaps most importantly, a real human understanding which ensures you get the best performance out of yourself or the artists you are working with.
We are passionate about providing a nurturing, caring, relaxed, challenging and creative environment where our team offers uncompromising support for students.
LEARNING BY DOING
We pride ourselves on maximising ‘hands on’ equipment time and ‘learning by doing’ in all of our courses but our new Higher Education Diplomas break new ground.
We design our courses around a growing body of research which is proving what we’ve probably always known – the best way to learn something is to just do it. Again…and again…and again. Expert performance is primarily the result of expert practice, not due to innate talent.
In other words, it’s not about what you’re born with – It’s about how consistently and deliberately you can work to improve your performance.
Your practice must be: intentional, aimed at improving performance, designed for your current skill level and combined with immediate feedback and repetition. These courses are designed to awaken the expert in you and build creative muscle.
Listen to Tracks Produced by Our Students
In the end it doesn’t matter what we say or do. What matters is what our students are doing during their time with us. Have a listen, leave some comments, decide for yourselves.
In addition to being the programme lead for our Creative Music Production & Sound Engineering Degree, Florian has a Masters degree in psychology and over 20 years of experience working as a musician and producer. ...
Ainsley is a producer and sound engineer with 2 Latin Grammys to his name and a long list of credits including Beverley Knight’s Soul UK ...
Brian is a composer and multi-instrumentalist based in Berlin. As a vocalist and lyricists he has numerous published collaborations released on labels such as Planet Mu, Airflex and Kinnego Records. As a co founder of ...
Kerim Karaoglu is a composer and sound-designer working in the field of electroacoustic music, live-electronics, audio/visual installations and contemporary dance/theatre. He graduated with a degree in electronic ...
Since earning his degree in composition and music technology, Brian has worked professionally in music creation and production for media outlets like BBC and SKY television via his collaborations with ULTRAPHONIC. From ...
Max Trieder has produced, engineered and/or mixed more than 30 rock and pop releases for artists including The Hirsch Effekt, ...
Geoff Wright is a producer, DJ and violinist with over 10 years’ industry experience across areas including composition, production, live performance and session recording. His background in classical training is complemented by his extensive ...
We’re excited. Very excited. dBs Berlin have relocated to a brand new purpose built facility at the Funkhaus to house our rapidly expanding institute of creative production.
The Funkhaus is an internationally unique, extraordinary and atmospheric location and it’s hard to imagine a better location for creative endeavour and learning.
All courses are now delievered at our Funkhaus campus.
Want to look around? We welcome you to sign up for an Open Day. These are a great opportunity to speak to our staff, students and see our facilities.More About Our Spaces
Your success depends entirely on you – what you bring to the course, your approach to learning and the grit, passion and sheer determination with which you build your future.
The employment model in the music industry has been transformed over the last 20 years. There are still roles with permanent contracts but it is much more likely that you will work either as a freelancer or as part of a small startup which you will have set up with friends or colleagues.
As our cohorts of students graduate, they quickly progress into exciting real world projects and careers. Here’s a selection to whet your appetite:
- music for an ad campaign for C&A
- music for an Italian fashion brand
- audio logo for Galeries Lafayette
- audio logo for an Italian telecommunications company
- sound installations at four art events in Berlin
- sample packs for Loopmasters
- house engineer for a club in Berlin
- field recording with Chris Watson
- songs signed to BMG
- designing proposals for improving background noise in cities
- music and audio for a game featured on Indiedb
- live engineer on various European tours
- mastering engineer
- started new hip hop record label
- working at a music school in Israel
- a sound installation at Moscow MOMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- artist signed to a indie label in USA
Our UK centres have been running successfully for many years and have had graduates working across the music industry from Abbey Road Recording Studios to the Glastonbury Festival and everything inbetween.
Many students also decide to opt for further specialised study at Masters level.Apply Now